Saturday, April 12, 2014

Moving Spinach Into The Garden Took Place This Week

After a month and a half it was about time to finally get these plants into the last spot they will grow.  At this time it will be too late to start growing them from seed inside pots, but you might be able to grow them from seed directly in the soil.  I would not recommend this because spinach has a somewhat short season that will not allow for this late of a planting.

Although if you live in a cold climate you will have a much longer season which will allow for this type of growing season.  I live in a temperate climate that limits the amount of time I have to use for these plants.  Let's get into the details of properly transplanting spinach.

I want to first discuss what types of organic materials I used to feed these plants.  I like to use manure or organic humus along with some bone meal.  These two items are perfect for transplants and allow a much smoother transition into the garden.

I also like to add some lime and pulverized eggshells into the mix.  I have found that spinach tastes much better when lime is added into the soil prior to planting them.  I also like to use eggshells as a testing agent with my plants.  They contain trace elements that will help in the production of delicious fruit.















Here are the two products I would recommend using if you are going to transplant anything into the garden.  They give your plants a boost and make sure that the roots stay strong with a spoonful of bone meal as shown below.














Once you get them into the holes that you prepared it is time to fill it up with water.  This is a technique that I use which allows water to get to the roots quickly and you won't have to water them for the next couple of days.  This will easily assimilate them into the soil quickly.














Then place the plant into the water once you remove it from the pot.














Fill it in with the extra soil that was removed when you dug the holes and that is all to it.  It doesn't have to be difficult once you acquire the appropriate information and directions.


No comments:

Post a Comment