Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Cutting Up Pumpkins for Halloween

The best time to start cutting pumpkins that were picked from the summer or fall is the day before Halloween.  That is what I did this year because I love removing the seeds and then baking them in the oven.  They make for a good snack and are very filling especially if you have quite a few of them.  I did cut up four of my pumpkins that I thought needed to be used very soon.  I don't like to see pumpkins go bad so I usually pick the ones that I think must be cut right away.

 Here is the inside of one of the pumpkins that I cut this past weekend.  It only took about an hour or a little bit more to remove all the seeds and insides of the pumpkins.  They were not too big so this made the job much easier.
I had quite a few seeds just from four pumpkins.  I wasn't able to eat all of them and I still have three more pumpkins that need to be cut.  These will come much later and probably only one at a time.  This will mean less seeds to eat all at once depending if I can make these pumpkins last as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment