Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Butterhead Lettuce Ready for Picking

Getting the first harvest of the season is always exciting especially if it is a vegetable or leaf that you love to eat.  I love using lettuce in salads and sandwiches and are just the perfect leaves for any dish.

Today was a good day to start picking the first harvest of lettuce.  I only picked from some of the first plants that were ready to go into the garden.  Not all of my lettuce plants were ready for picking and I only focused on four of them which happened to be butterhead lettuce.

It didn't take that long to pick and it took more time to clean them off.  It rained recently and much of the dirt got on most of the older leaves.  These are the leaves I picked today, but later I will pick all the bigger and greener leaves when the time is right.







From this picture it doesn't look like I picked any leaves from this plant.  This is mainly due to the fact I picked all the older leaves which were smaller and hidden underneath all the larger leaves you see here.  In the next harvest you will definitely notice a difference with more leaves picked.









No comments:

Post a Comment