Saturday, September 3, 2016

Time to Make the First Cut in My Honeydew Melon

I thought that today would be a good time to start cutting up my honeydew melon since it has been in the fridge for a few days.  I do not like warm fruit and I like to leave them in the fridge for at least a day in order to make it cold enough for consumption.  I wouldn't say all fruits need to be cold to eat, but at least melons for the most part.

I would say it looks very juicy from this picture and it definitely was juicy when I took a slice from it.  I was glad that I planted these types of melons and I hope to grow them again next year to hopefully get them a little bit bigger.







A few more fruits and vegetables were harvested today.  Some of them include peppers, tomatoes, and even one more cantaloupe.  I already finished the first cantaloupe that I picked a few days ago and now another one was ripe enough to bring inside.  I would say a couple of days and it will be ready to cut open and eat just like my honeydew melon.


















Cherry tomatoes and Roma tomatoes were on my mind today because I had a few Roma tomatoes from another harvest and wanted enough to make some tomato sauce.  I found about 12 more and they were a pretty good size.  I also had some more cherry tomatoes that I needed to pick as well.  I also picked a few more peppers that I thought were ready enough to eat.



No comments:

Post a Comment