Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Almost Time to Start Thinning Out Lettuce

It is almost time to begin thinning out my lettuce sprouts that have began growing sometime earlier this week to late last week.  There have only been a couple of containers that needed thinning and I made sure I did that today before they got too crowded.

I always leave just one plant per pot in order to have one good producing plant rather than many small non-producing lettuce plants.  Today I did about four pots that were ready for thinning.  I will have to do much more in the future once all my lettuce seeds have completed sprouting.














Here is just one example of iceberg seeds I have planted and sprouted rather quickly.  I then took the time today to remove all of them but one.  The one I pick is usually the strongest out of the bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment