Sunday, May 18, 2014

Gardening Season Starting To Get Busy

Now that gardening season is starting to pick up it is time to let you know about some things that I have been doing the past couple of weeks.  I will also hopefully start posting more often about what I am doing each day and what is happening with the garden.

Recently I thought it was best that I start tilling the garden.  I find that May is the perfect month to start this process.  I do not like to go any further into the season to perform this task because you will lose much valuable time if you till any later into the season. 














I also added wood ash to my onions to give them the trace minerals they will need throughout the season.  I even placed a layer of mulch to keep the soil and onions cool from the warmer weather that we are experiencing.  They do not like the hot sun but can easily benefit from a layer of grass clippings or any other type of organic mulch.



























Peat moss was also added to my blueberries which is something new that I am trying out this year.  This is one plant that needs plenty of water as well as the roots are quite shallow.  With some peat moss, and deep soaking, and some mulch on top is the best way to help out these plants.



























This is all of I have done this past week and as I said earlier I will try to post more often as the season starts gain momentum and I will be busy every single day.  Check back often and find out what has been going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment