Sunday, October 12, 2014

Just Another Harvest of Eggplants

Another harvest eggplants was completed today and with four left I was deciding whether to just pick the rest of them to end the season for them.  Unfortunately one of them was still ripening and I didn't want to pull it prematurely.

Instead I just took three of them that were done for the year.  Now there is just one that is still on the plant ripening at this moment.  I might pick it sometime later in the week, but for now I will leave it there for at least a few days.

They weighed in at about four and a half pounds making them a little bit smaller than the last two, but still a pretty good size for any garden.  I am definitely happy with them especially when they started growing flowers late and were the last plants to be added to the garden soil.  I try to look at the positive things when it comes to gardening.














Pole beans are also the news for today although I didn't harvest any of them.  I was looking at them and I wasn't sure if I should pick them today or wait another day.  Since I picked three eggplants I decided to wait since many of them were not going to go to seed anytime soon.  Tomorrow I will pick some pole beans that are ready and hopefully I will get more than I did during the last harvest.

Here you can see more beans growing along with the flowers.














Just wanted to give you a quick update on my cabbage plants that are growing in the garden.  They are growing good because of the cooler temperatures that they love and thrive in.  Take a look at them and within a couple of months they should be ready for harvesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment