Sunday, March 19, 2017

How About Starting Tomatoes Indoors?



That is exactly what I like to do every season and is the best thing to do with these plants.  Starting them inside is probably the easiest way to get a head start on the season and since they transplant well it makes sense to start them in your home or apartment.

I always like putting them under artificial lights because getting them sprouting as soon as possible will allow you to plant more seeds once your tomato plants reach a good size.  After tomatoes I like to plant zucchini and pumpkins under these lights.  They sprout quick and will not be under these lights for very long.

Three types this year are what I am focusing on.  Granted I am planting the same as every year I figured I would let you know the three that I chose.  The steakhouse and super sauce are the same, but I did pick a different cherry tomato type that I thought I would try instead of the usual.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment