Sunday, April 30, 2017

Getting a Start on the Garden with the First Seed Planting

I have been planting seeds indoors for some time and these plants will be placed outside when the time and temperature is right.  There are some seeds that I don't start indoors and one of those seeds includes corn.  I don't plant them indoors and instead plant them right into the ground.  The temperature has been relatively cool to warm and the soil is warm enough to start planting these seeds right into the garden.

I only planted a short row for now since it is still a little bit early.  This way I will get corn at different times rather than a large harvest at once.  I can enjoy the corn throughout the season without any of them going to waste.







My lettuce plants are doing quite well and will most likely be the first harvest of the season once I pick them.  The first plants that were put into the garden are just about ready and I should be picking them sometime this week as long as the weather cooperates. 













I did plant some more lettuce in the garden.  I still have plants that are still in containers and I think one more planting I should be done with all the transplanting of lettuce.  Right now I planted eight more into the garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment