Monday, April 24, 2017

Thinning Out Spring Crop Sprouts

At the moment the only spring crops I have include lettuce, onions, radishes, peas, spinach, and celery.  The only plants that needed to be thinned out were my peas and radishes.  They grew quite fast and I only planted them in the beginning of April.  Right now was about time to thin them out giving them plenty of room for their roots to spread and grow correctly.

Just some of my radish plants that need to be thinned out before their roots start wrapping around each other and will become much more difficult to remove them.














Here are my radishes once I went through them all and kept just one plant per cluster of sprouts.










My pea plants were done the same way.  The good news about these plants is that their roots do not spread in a large area and I can keep them relatively close together unlike many other plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment