Sunday, September 17, 2017

A Few More Tomatoes and another Batch of Beans

Cherry Tomatoes
This is going to be a small post today because it looks like many of my harvests are winding down and I don’t think I will be picking as many tomatoes for the rest of the season.  My Roma tomatoes are done for the most part and cherry tomatoes are still around with more fruit.

Beans on the other hand are probably one of the last plants that are continuing to produce other than my pepper plants.  I should see a very large harvest from my beans soon and today I was able to fill half a bowl of them.  I might be able to fill up two bowls from one harvest if my beans are going to produce more flowers and pods.

Besides some peppers, an eggplant, and some broccoli plants the last thing from the summer will be a couple of watermelons.  These are always some of the last fruits from the garden and should be harvesting them soon.  I would say early October and these melons will be completely done and ripe enough to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment