Saturday, September 23, 2017

The Harvests I missed During a Week Long Rain Storm

Pumpkins
BeansThere were many harvests I wanted to do this week, but couldn’t because of the rain storm that lasted several days.  That is why I wrote a post today to make certain that you are up to date with the latest harvests I did this afternoon.

My pumpkins were finally ready this week and I should have picked them much earlier in the week.  They have been ready for quite awhile and I just like leaving them outside in order to have them turn orange quicker.  A couple have become rotten and I had to cut them up and throw them into some compost that I will be making.  Other than that they were pretty good for being outside through this storm for this long.

Beans are another harvest that I got done today.  I actually wasn’t sure if many of them were going to be ready for picking, but when I went outside and looked at my vines I saw plenty of them that needed to be harvested right away.  Today’s harvest was quite big and I got over nine pounds of these sweet and delicious beans.

The last on today’s list are my peppers that are just still producing flowers despite the weather and are growing amazingly.  They have really good peppers on the plants I got about a dozen of them that were ready waiting to be picked.  Most of them were large sized peppers, but there were a couple that were a little bit smaller.  Nevertheless as long as they taste good I am not worried about their size.

Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment