Saturday, March 29, 2014

Make Sure to Utilize This Time for More Indoor Planting

If you are like me and want to start plants indoors from seeds, then you should make sure that you utilize all this extra time before the season.  I just did a second planting inside because a few seeds that I thought would sprout never did.  This is not the end of the world if you miss on the first try because I always make sure that I have time to plant them a second time.

I had a feeling that the watermelon, cucumbers, and pepper seeds were not going to germinate and that is why I purchased more of them during last weeks sale.  I do want to stress that you are going to need to have some patience when it comes to growing indoors because you are not getting the necessary sunlight that they need.  You can always substitute this with a florescent light which I use all the time. 

If your plants are not showing signs of germinating after three to four weeks, then it is time for a second planting.  What you can do is scratch the top surface of the soil and see if anything is about to pop through the soil.  If you don't see anything, then just make a new planting for that vegetable or flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment