Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Check Out The Progress of My Plants Here

If you are interested in how my plants are doing, then you have came to the correct blog.  I have taken a few pictures of most of my plants that I started inside and want to share them with you.

Some plants have died in the process which is something that happens in every season and others are doing better than I had hoped.  Every year is different and I want to update you with how the majority of my plants are doing and how they are getting hardened off outside with the current warm weather.

First I want to let you know about some of the new flowers that I started growing this week.  Alyssum is one of those plants that needs to be incorporated into most gardens because of their ability to attract beneficial insects. 

These flowers are rich in nectar which is what these insects feed on including bees that you will need throughout the year for flowers that they pollinate.  Once you attract them they will continue to come back to your yard year after year.  Take in mind that this is not a quick solution to your pest problem and is merely a slow and permanent solution to help lower populations of parasitic insects.

Now on to the updates that you came here to look at.

Cucumbers and a squash plant in the bottom of the picture.














Some alyssum, cherry tomatoes, cantaloupe, and two pumpkins.














Here are the spinach plants that were transplanted into the garden a couple of weeks ago.  They are looking good and will be picked relatively soon.














Peppers, watermelon, and cucumbers are seated in peat pots in this picture.














 Don't forget about all my squash plants that are crucial to the garden.  Zucchini and pumpkins are my favorite vegetables to grow.  I may not like eating them, but they can be extremely exciting to grow.














There are many more plants that I will be updating you with.  This is just a taste of what is to come in the near future.  Very soon I will be planting them into the garden where they will sit for the remainder of the season.  Stay tuned for that post which will come within the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment