Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Three More Seeds Planted This Week

More plants were added this week and  I thought starting them a week or two earlier than last season would be a great way to increase harvest yields.  I don't normally plant tomatoes this early and they have done great when planted later, but this season I wanted to get them a much needed head start.

Instead of planting just a few of each cherry, steakhouse, and super sauce tomato I decided to grow three cherry, four steakhouse, and all twenty five seeds of super sauce.  Making sauce is what I will be focusing on this year and getting many Roma tomatoes will be my goal.  A head start for these plants makes perfect sense.

I planted one super sauce seed per pot as seen below.














I planted two cherry tomato seeds per pot.














I also had some more room underneath the fluorescent light that I am using and decided to plant three eggplants in plastic pots and six peppers in medium sized peat pots.  I still have more planting to do and once my spinach starts sprouting I will then use that light for more flowers, herbs, fruits, and vegetable plantings.


No comments:

Post a Comment