Friday, September 11, 2015

Here Come the Eggplant Harvests

Finally I have picked the first of my eggplants this week.  I actually began picking this afternoon because it was nice weather especially after the rain storms we got yesterday.  I would admit that we definitely needed the rain because we were in a small drought.  The rain was definitely a relief especially for much of my garden and plants.

Two eggplants were the final total for today, but there are still some on other plants that I will pick at a later date.  For now I have only two, but this is enough to make a good meal out of them.  I am not sure when the others will be done, but I am sure that it won't be tomorrow and most likely next week is what I am aiming for hopefully.  Check out the eggplants I got below.















Eggplants were not the only thing that was ripe enough to pick because I had beans, peppers, and cucumbers that needed to be harvested.  My peppers were definitely in need of picking because many of them were actually staring to turn red.  I like to pick them just before they overripe because this is as big as they will get.  I did end up getting a bright red one along with some green as well.















Beans are a hot item in the garden and with their incredible ability to produce flowers quickly they are still growing and I have plenty of more harvests to come.  Even though I picked quite a bit this evening I saw that there were many more to come.  Some were real small while others were almost ripe, but not quite ready to be picked.  Hopefully I will do another harvest soon.














Cucumbers are the one plant that is doing quite well although some of the plants are done for the season because they are brown and are pretty much dead.  I still have three to five plants left that are giving me more cucumbers to harvest.  I picked five today and have a couple more outside that I will harvest soon.  There are real tiny ones on a few of the plants that I am hoping will be pollinated so I can have more of them to pick.  Cucumbers I can easily make into a sweet relish.



No comments:

Post a Comment