Thursday, September 3, 2015

Some More Vegetables That Were Ready for Picking

Just some more vegetables that I had to pick this week because they were ready to be placed on the table and eaten.  For example before getting too tough to eat I need to make sure that I pick my ears of corn right away.  I don't like to eat tough corn and this year they have actually been quite good.  I am looking forward to next season by saving one ear to use as seeds.  That is still on the stalk and I won't pick it until October or when it is dry enough.

Exactly 21 ears were ready to be picked and eaten.  Although I did not eat all of them I still did cook them and placed them in the refrigerator where they can stay good enough for quite a while.














Again I also had beans which are going to be stored for use during the Winter time like I did last season.  They lasted quite a while and I still have a few left from last season's harvest because I had picked so many of them.  I don't think I picked as many this year, but I still got an average crop which will be stored.  Nine pounds came out this week so far.














Large peppers are always the best to pick, but not all the time are they going to be big.  This year most of the early plants have been producing large peppers which is really great.  I don't think I have ever grown peppers of this size before.  This season has been great for peppers and I am looking forward to pick even more of them.



No comments:

Post a Comment