Saturday, August 29, 2015

What I Got From My Corn Stalks and Tomato Plants This Week

I actually was able to get quite a bit from both my corn stalks and tomato plants, specifically my Roma tomato plants.  These have been doing good for the entire year and I have only had to throw out a few of them because they began to rot or because fruit flies started going after them.  Today I picked all the ones that were still good and ready to be turned into sauce.

I actually needed five bowls to carry all the tomatoes inside and I should have just used one of the large totes that I use for harvesting corn.  This probably would have made it much easier instead of filling up five bowls.  In the end I was able to collect plenty of Roma tomatoes that are now being cooked into sauce.  This means more sauce for the Winter.



























Here you can see how large many of these tomatoes actually were.














Many of them were so close to being the two pounds that I was hoping that they were.  One and a half is just as good and is actually three times the weight and size of a normal Roma tomato.

Now that I have discussed my tomatoes I also have corn that was harvested during the week as well.  I think I picked them at the end of the day on Thursday.  I got about 39 ears and cooked most of them to eat them whenever I get the urge. 

I will probably eat them as fast as possible so that they don't get too hard from being in the fridge.  They should be fine for the most part since I did cook them before hand.  I only have a few left on the stalks which will be dealt with in the next couple of days or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment