Thursday, August 27, 2015

Time For Picking More Beans and Cucumbers

I have beans hanging on the trellis that are very large and size and should be harvested right away.  That is what I saw this morning and is the single reason for picking both fruits and vegetables this morning.  I only got nine pounds, but this is still enough to start canning for the Winter.














With cucumbers growing left and right from most of my plants I thought that it would be a good thing to go through them to see if there are plenty of cucumbers that are ripe to pick.  There were five that I thought were ready to be harvested and good for eating now or later.  They last much longer than the ones in the store and can keep for quite a while.














Cherry tomatoes were another thing that I planned on harvesting because some of them fell due to the previous day of rain that we had.  When they start falling that means that I need to pick them right away.  Getting them from the ground will be okay as long as they don't stay on wet ground for too long because they could begin to decay quite rapidly.  Not as fast as steakhouse tomatoes, but definitely fast enough to eventually be no good.


No comments:

Post a Comment