Sunday, October 11, 2015

My Broccoli Heads Reached Perfect Harvesting Size

I didn't think that I would be picking my broccoli heads this late because normally I would be picking them the beginning of October to the end of September.  Even though it is a little later than usual I am still not worried that I can get much more broccoli this year. 

I have picked about five heads right now and I am waiting to pick some of the side shoots that will produce some more broccoli for me to pick.  These shoots are where the bulk of the broccoli will come from.  It is just a matter of time before I get a day with large amounts of broccoli.















Now that my broccoli harvesting has started my eggplants have now ended the season.  With only two left I didn't want to leave them out there too long because the plants were done growing these vegetables and it was pointless to keep them on the plant.  I picked the last two eggplants that began growing about a month ago or less.


No comments:

Post a Comment