Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Getting Lettuce, Flowers, and Seeds Added to the Garden

The very first thing after tilling the garden is getting as many plants as you can into the garden in order for them to get accustomed to the soil quickly.  Lettuce was the first plants I got into the garden and they were easy because I didn't have to take them out of the containers because peat pots can go right into the soil.  The plant roots will go right through them very easily.














Next up were my flowers.  I like to plant them in between rows throughout the garden.  I placed my alyssum and dill along the borders of the garden so that they are not in the way of my plants and still have plenty of room to grow.















Yesterday I got some of my corn rows and beans completed.  Once I had setup my bean trellis I could start planting seeds for my beans and corn rows.  I wanted to get my carrot seeds in the ground before it started raining so that it could benefit from a small rain shower.  Sadly I ran out of time and I will have to plant them a little later.  Luckily it doesn't take long for them to grow and then mature for harvesting.  I have plenty of time to plant my carrot seeds.



No comments:

Post a Comment