Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Onions Sprouting and Spinach Transplanted

Busy day yesterday with the transplanting of spinach occurring.  The roots of my spinach plants were starting to get a little root bound especially the ones that had a few sets of leaves growing.  I put the strongest ones into the soil first and the others I will do very shortly.  Next week is the latest that I want to have them into the soil.

I tilled a couple of rows of soil for my spinach plants.  Twenty of them should be able to fit into the space that I provided for them.



























I also discovered that some of my onions are growing bright green stems for the first time this season.  Granted it is only the early ones, but in another week or two more and more of them should be growing stems.  By the end of the month a majority of them will be sprouting and growing in their respective soils.

Garden soil onions.














Tote onions.


No comments:

Post a Comment