Saturday, July 9, 2016

Most Fruits and Vegetables Flowering and Beginning To Produce

I have been harvesting my lettuce for some time and now that they are pretty much done I have been working on getting other fruits and vegetables ready for harvesting.  The only vegetable that I have been picking is my zucchini.  The plants are growing quite well which includes both my transplants and the ones that were directly sown in the soil. 

The latter plants are producing zucchini, but I have yet to pick any from them.  I am sure I will be harvesting them very soon.  So far I have only been picking zucchini from my transplanted plants.  I actually picked a four pound one this morning.















Here are some of the zucchini that has been growing on my other plants that are not quite ready for harvesting.















My tomato plants are doing quite well this season and they are continuing to produce fruit and plenty of flowers so that I will have fruit throughout the season.  They are not at the ripening stage yet, but I am hopeful that they will be ripening very soon in the near future.
















I also have a cucumber and watermelon that have started to grow.  I have a pollinated cucumber, but my watermelon I am not so sure at this time.  I will know if the watermelon was pollinated in the near future.  The good news is that the vine that it came from will continue to produce these fruits until it gets one that is successfully pollinated.  Check out both of them below.



No comments:

Post a Comment