Saturday, June 10, 2017

One of The Largest Harvests of Lettuce for 2017

It was that time of the season when all my lettuce plants were ready for harvesting including my Ruby glow hybrid leaves.  This is when I usually pick quite a bit of them and over 190 leaves were picked this week from these plants.  I should have picked a few more in order to get an even 200, but I am certain to have plenty of more harvests before all the hot weather returns.

For now my lettuce plants are producing leaves, but with some high temperatures coming during the weekend I will have to watch to see if any of the plants try to start going to seed.  They usually bolt when the weather is consistently warm and I don't know exactly how long this warm weather will last.
 
This was the first harvest for my Ruby glow lettuce and I picked about 50 leaves for now.  There are still plenty of leaves on the plants for another harvest or two.  If the weather isn't too hot I might have even more leaves to pick from all my plants.









No comments:

Post a Comment