Monday, June 19, 2017

Summer is Just Around the Corner and Time to Focus on Different Plants

Now that summer is just about here in two days the weather is not as warm or sunny as it should be.  Normally the month of June is quite warm and dry, but this year it has been quite cooler and more damp than usual.  The good news about this is that my Spring plants are continuing to grow and produce.

At the moment it looks like my peas and radishes are done for the season.  My lettuce on the other hand is still growing and with a little bit of luck I could probably pick them one more time.  I did pick some this morning along with the rest of the peas and I got a good harvest from both of them.

I will be focusing more on my summer plants with the possibility of warmer weather arriving.  This includes all my squash plants, tomatoes, corn, melons, cucumbers, pole beans, and carrots.  I have weeded everything so far and finished with the carrots today.  With this rain I will probably have to weed them again before July fourth.

This was the last harvest of peas and I was able to pick close to 250 pea pods.  This is the most I have picked from one harvest this season and I hope to enjoy every single one of them.  I got a large bowl of lettuce today as well and look forward to possibly getting some more in the next week or so.








No comments:

Post a Comment