Saturday, August 26, 2017

More of the Same Harvests With an Eggplant

Steakhouse Tomato
For the most part I have been picking mostly tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, Roma tomatoes, peppers, beans, corn, and cucumbers.  I did pick most of them this morning and got another good harvest from them.  I did pick quite a large steakhouse tomato that was just about two pounds by itself.  It was just as large as my hand.

First Eggplant
CantaloupeI also managed to pick the first eggplant for the season today.  I wasn’t going to pick it today, but it wasn’t growing anymore and it felt ripe to pick it.  A little bit small, but I can still find a meal to use it for and hopefully enjoy its unique taste.



I just wanted to let you in on the progress of my melons especially cantaloupes.  They should be ready real soon and will be the first melons to pick for the season.  My watermelons are doing well, but they take a little bit longer to ripe and produce the sugars they need inside the melon.  Since cantaloupes are smaller they will not need as much time to ripen.

CornCorn looks like it is done for now and I don’t think there are that many left to pick.  I was able to get about eight more last week and now most of them are done.  I will be removing the stalks from the ground and start using them as mulch or just chop them up and burn them.









No comments:

Post a Comment