Monday, March 25, 2019

Time to Get Those Four Types of Tomato Seeds into Containers for Indoor Planting

That is right I have four different types of tomatoes that I am going to be planting this season instead of the usual three that I grow every year.  I thought it would be good to try another type of tomato instead of the same every season.  I happen to see a couple of them in the store that I thought would be good for the garden.  I picked up big boy tomato seeds and a super beefsteak.

 Big Boy Hybrid and Supersteak Hybrid Seeds

I would have liked to plant my tomatoes indoors a little bit sooner than this past weekend, but I think they should do fine as long as I place them under fluorescent lights to give them a good head start.  There is no room on the windowsill which makes this a necessity to put them under lights for the time being until they sprout.


Planted Tomato Seeds Indoors
 I will be continuing to plant cherry and Roma tomatoes which happen to have real benefits.  Roma tomatoes can be made into sauce or other delicious foods and cherry tomatoes are just perfect placed into a salad.  If I get a large harvest of cherry tomatoes like I did last year I can make them into a salsa before they turn moldy. 

Right now my spring crops have begun to sprout this past week.  All the spinach seeds that were planted are now through the soil along with other crops such as lettuce, broccoli, and some celery.  I am hoping by next week everything should be up through the soil or at least just poking through the soil. 

I plan on planting some more seeds very soon which could include melons, cucumbers, zucchini, pumpkins and many more.  I also still have many flowers that need to be planted which will come very soon as well. 

I might have to get another fluorescent light because my tomatoes are using the two that I use every season for everything.  Although I might not have to once I get my spring crop outside during the daytime I can then have more room on the windowsill.

No comments:

Post a Comment