Saturday, May 2, 2015

Harvesting of Spinach for 2015 Completed Today

Although I picked my spinach leaves today I still have plenty of more harvests to come.  I pick my spinach leaves at intervals rather than all at once.  I find that I can enjoy my spinach leaves for so much longer and I won't be overwhelmed with all the leaves that I collect. 

This is a little bit different than with lettuce because with lettuce you can choose to pick them all at once or at intervals.  It is all your preference and what type of lettuce you grew as well.

I am going to have some of my spinach for dinner tonight and throw them in a salad that I am going to make.  I took some off the plants before picking them in order to make sure that they were ready and were not bitter.  This can happen with leafy plants such as lettuce, celery, and even spinach.  They were not bitter and were not going to get any bigger so I picked them today.














So far the plants are looking good and I hope to continue picking them throughout the season as long as they don't get any insect or animal pests attacking them.


No comments:

Post a Comment