Thursday, July 6, 2017

Much Harvesting of Zucchini and Tomatoes on the Way

I would say that most of the harvesting of my vegetables and fruits from the garden will be coming sometime this month.  I would say in the next few weeks I should be start harvesting my tomatoes.  My zucchini are ready to be picked and there are a minimum of three that need to be picked soon.

This is just one of the zucchinis that I plan on picking this weekend.  I think it is a perfect size for harvesting and I always wait until they have reached their peak size.








Tomatoes are also on my list for harvesting, but they will not be ready for another couple of weeks once they reach their peak size they still need to ripen.  It is still good to see most of my plants producing tomatoes including my steakhouse, cherry, and even Roma.

Here is just a small cluster of Roma tomatoes that have been hiding on some of my plants.  I hope to get plenty of them in order to make as much sauce as possible to enjoy over the Fall and Winter.








Some more blueberries were ready for picking and I picked my second harvest of these delicious berries.  I think I will have at least a few more harvests and hope to pick as many as possible.

This is just a sample of some of the berries that I picked recently.  I have many more that need to be harvested real soon and I hope to do that in the next couple of days or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment