Thursday, March 17, 2016

Planting Tomato Seeds Indoors at the Right Time

One of the most important elements in gardening is time and that is something that will be different in whatever region you happen to live.  For me March is the month when I need to start tomatoes indoors and they should be ready to go into the soil by May to June.  Most of the time I will the garden in May and by the middle of the month I will be placing many of my indoor plants into the soil.

This includes not only fruits like my tomatoes, but others such as flowers and vegetables.  Right now I only planted my steakhouse, Roma, and cherry tomato seeds.  I won't be planting vegetables until a couple of weeks or so.  I still have one fluorescent light that I can use once my spinach plants no longer need it for growing.

I have been putting spinach outside since last week and after the rain over the past couple of days the sun finally showed itself this afternoon.  I made sure that I put them outside and right now they are doing good and I want to get them into the soil very soon before they become pot bound and might start going to seed or bolting.

At the moment I have just planted tomato seeds that were able to fit under the lights with no more room for any other pots or containers.  This means I can't plant anymore because the windowsills are all filled along with my fluorescent lights.














You can see that they fit perfectly under the lights and is mainly due to the appropriate containers that I only use for tomatoes.  They are just the perfect size for these plants and as long as they sprout they will last in the soil that I gave them and the space they will have in these pots.


No comments:

Post a Comment