Thursday, March 31, 2016

Tilling Part of the Garden for Spinach Plants

My spinach plants are the first seeds to be planted, the first to be placed outside, and the first to be transplanted into the garden.  They are very tolerant of the cold and are the perfect plant to put outside during this time.  They are thriving in their pots and I hope that they continue thriving in the garden for as long as possible.

Tilling the garden is one of the first things that I have to do before I can place my spinach plants into the ground.  I did exactly that today and I am looking forward to placing all of my spinach plants into the garden tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. 

I didn't need to do the whole garden because I only have about 22 plants and they do not require that much room to thrive.  I will only do the rest of the garden once the weather warms up and it is time to begin sowing seeds.








My onions are next and that is another thing I got today.  My onions do not take as long as my spinach because I am only placing bulbs, while my spinach I have to remove from the containers and place them perfectly in the ground with all the nutrients they require for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment