Saturday, August 9, 2014

Every Onion Out of the Soil and Accounted For

I loved removing my onions from the soil yesterday because what I saw was a great harvest and a good season for onions.  I do not always get a good harvest, but this year I think I have figured out exactly how many bulbs should be placed in each tote for maximum potential.

Twenty bulbs were inserted into each tote this year instead of thirty like last year.  This is probably why the weight of the onions last year was so low.  This year was much higher and they look much better in quality.  Quantity always looses in organic gardening.  95 onions and 30 pounds was what I got this year from these vegetable.














Here is the large pile of onions that I collected yesterday.  I was able to braid the stems together making them much more easier to use for consumption.  Take a look at what I did with them so you can do that same as well.














Now that you know what I did with my onions yesterday, today brought some more fruit and vegetables.  I picked a cucumber that had not been growing anymore and a tomato that was at its prime.  Check them out below.














I also picked another two and a half pounds of blueberries.  This looks like this is one of the last harvests that I will get out of my blueberry bushes.  I will have to start thinking about what I am going to different next year with these bushes in order to get more of them consistently.


No comments:

Post a Comment