Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Harvesting Cherry, Roma, and Steakhouse Tomatoes

This is what I did this week and has been somewhat busy in the harvesting part of gardening.  My tomatoes are ripening at this moment and getting the needed water that they crave.  I had one Roma and a couple of steakhouse tomatoes that were looking very good and I had to pick them before a caterpillar or other pest got to them.  I also had a dozen or so cherry ones that looked very good.















I also had a large cucumber harvested this week after watching it everyday for the past couple of weeks.  Watching them grow each day is very exciting because when I thought it was done growing it kept getting bigger.  I love cucumbers and cutting them up and putting salt and pepper on them is great to have with your lunch.

This is the biggest one for this season.














I have a couple other plants that have cucumbers that are about this size and I hope they reach their peak just like this one did.  With some tender loving care I can get them to very large sizes and you can too.

I also have some news on my eggplants as well.  As you know I had about one eggplant that was growing to a good size and soon I will be harvesting it.  I also discovered another one that has been pollinated and is growing at this moment.  It is on a different plant and I am looking forward to seeing how big this one will get as compared to the first one I have.














Here is the new one that started to grow sometime this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment