Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Removed Onions from Soil and Letting them Dry

One of the first things that you need to do with onions is to make sure that they are completely dry before you bring them inside.  They are very susceptible to fungus and mold and if they are wet they can easily spread it to each other rather quickly.  I actually just pull them out of the soil and sit them on top or sometimes on a table.  If they are on a table they should be able to dry much quicker in my opinion.














Here in this picture you can see that I left them in the totes on top of the soil to let them dry in the hot sun.














The photo above shows onions that I placed on a table to let them dry quicker hopefully.

Tomatoes harvested and they include all three types: Roma, cherry, and steakhouse.
















I picked five pounds of beans in two days from both rows.  I still have plenty of beans on the vines, but they were not ready and I should have another harvest by the weekend.














There were also four cucumbers ready and I scooped them up as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment